See, share and contribute to Library material online
You will find National Library of Scotland material in various ways on the web — and not only on our own sites.
Connect on social networks
We are active on three of the popular social networking sites:
We load video clips and images and images to the National Library of Scotland on Facebook. Once registered, our Facebook friends can also keep up with Library news and events.
Frequent tweets about our events and exhibitions, and news about all sorts of things we think you might be interested in, at the Library and occasionally elsewhere. Keep up to date — read Library tweets.
Watch short video clips from our moving image collection on YouTube. To access them, search for 'National Library of Scotland'. To get from there to our our YouTube channel, follow the link to 'NLofScotland'.
Read our Social Media Policy (PDF) (84 KB; 2 pages).
The National Library of Scotland blog brings you news and views about our collections and our work from curators, subject experts and guest bloggers. We post every Wednesday, with additional posts now and then.
Email the Web Editor if you have any suggestions about the blog or if you think there are topics we should be blogging about.
Watch and listen
Films and videos
- Over 1,700 film clips and full films in the Moving Image Archive
- 'Library favourites' — Learning zone videos about material in our collections
- Video guides — find out what we have and how you can use Library collections and services
- Short films made by us that were produced by an in-house film group
- Recordings of letters written by Scottish emigrants, in our 'Scots abroad' website
- Audio recordings of some of our past events
- Audio podcasts in iTunes
- Snippets of Burns songs in our Robert Burns web feature.
- A few early Scottish music recordings used in the Scots Music Abroad exhibition in 2009.
Share what you see
Using social bookmarks you can save links to your favourite images, etc., to share with friends and others who may be interested. You may have to register to use social bookmarking sites.