- Social networking
See, share and contribute to NLS material online
You will find National Library of Scotland material in various ways on the web — and not only on our own sites.
Social networking sites
NLS has a presence on four of the popular social networking sites:
Frequent tweets about NLS news, events, and exhibitions. Read NLS tweets.
Watch short video clips from our moving image collection on YouTube. To access them, search for 'National Library of Scotland'. To get from there to our our YouTube channel, follow the link to 'NLofScotland'.
Sign up for Flickr to see images from our collections on the NLS photostream. We add new images every month.
We load video clips and images and images to the National Library of Scotland on Facebook. Once they have registered, our Facebook friends can also keep up with NLS news and events.
Share what you see
Using social bookmarks you can save links to your favourite images, etc., to share with friends and others who may be interested. You may have to register to use social bookmarking sites.
We have several active blogs at the moment. Do email the Web Editor if you have any suggestions about them. And, of course, we encourage you to contribute comments and / or tags in the blogs themselves.
- Bartholomew Archive blog
- Family and local history resources blog
- Medical history of British India blog
- 'New to the catalogue' blog
- Rare Books blog
- Modern Scottish Collections blog
- John Murray Archive blog
- Official Publications Unit blog
Audio and video
- Over 1,000 film clips and full films in the Scottish Screen Archive
- 'Library favourites' — videos about material in NLS collections
- Video guides — find out what we have and how you can use NLS collections and services
- Short films made by NLS, produced by our in-house film group
- Watch the John Murray Archive Lecture given by John and Virginia Murray in 2007.