Working with others
The National Library of Scotland works with a wide range of organisations in Scotland and beyond. This section has information about some of the formal and informal partnerships we are engaged in.
In this section
- National Library of Scotland Foundation
- Local and regional library networks
- National library bodies
- NEWSPLAN Scotland
In general our partnerships fall into three main areas.
We help universities, further education institutions/colleges, schools and individuals by:
- Making research material and staff expertise available for educational purposes
- Providing resources for course work and the development of educational material.
We highlight items of historic and social significance to communities and individuals by:
- Providing staff skills and expertise for special projects
- Bringing historic events to life through exhibitions and events the draw on our unique collections
- Helping people to appreciate Scotland's rich heritage and how it has shaped the world around them.
Public sector initiatives
We are involved in the public sector in several ways, including:
- Participating in the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government's agenda for 'joined up working'
- Sharing expertise with other national collections institutions
- Providing leadership in the library sector.