Working with others
The National Library of Scotland works with a wide range of organisations in Scotland and beyond. This section has information about some of the formal and informal partnerships we are engaged in.
In this section
In general our partnerships fall into three main areas.
We help universities, further education institutions/colleges, schools and individuals by:
- Making research material and staff expertise available for educational purposes
- Providing resources for course work and the development of educational material.
We highlight items of historic and social significance to communities and individuals by:
- Providing staff skills and expertise for special projects
- Bringing historic events to life through exhibitions and events the draw on our unique collections
- Helping people to appreciate Scotland's rich heritage and how it has shaped the world around them.
Public sector initiatives
We are involved in the public sector in several ways, including:
- Participating in the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government's agenda for 'joined up working'
- Sharing expertise with other national collections institutions
- Providing leadership in the library sector.