The National Library has a rich and diverse collection that could be of use to people working in the creative industries.
We have 14 million books, magazines, journals and newspapers from the 20th and 21st centuries alone, covering every conceivable subject. We also have:
- Two million maps
- Over one million rare books
- Millions of pages of manuscript and archival material
- Thousands of unique items in our Moving Image Archive.
All this gives you access to an extremely powerful resource that can inspire ideas and even add value to your business.
For example, our collections include:
- Recipe books from across the centuries
- 20th and 21st century art, fashion and design publications
- Out of copyright text and images that can be re-used commercially
- Literary works that could be re-imagined or performed
- Advertisements in newspapers and magazines that could trigger ideas.
We are really keen to hear from creative industries who are interested in working with us, so please do contact us to find out more:
Whatever your industry or creative endeavour, provenance and branding can turn a good idea into a great success.
A vast range of local history publications, long-forgotten stories, old maps, and hundreds of thousands of archival papers could bring your product to life by building an authentic and engaging brand.
This can root your product or business in Scotland, giving you a competitive edge in the domestic and international market.