An Index to Modern Political Manuscripts in the National Library of Scotland
The Conservative and Unionist Party
National Party Papers
- SCOTTISH CONSERVATIVE AND UNIONIST ASSOCIATION: Acc.10424
[restricted - permission of depositor required]. minutes and other
papers regarding the Primrose League, the 'Whips' Committee',
Western Divisional Council, Eastern Divisional Council,
Liberal-Unionist Association, Glasgow Conservative [later Unionist]
Association, the Glasgow Conservative Operatives' Association, the
Glasgow Conservative Club, Maryhill Liberal Unionist and Unionist
Association, National Union and Scottish Unionist / Conservative
and Unionist Association, 1924 Club (Edinburgh), St Andrews
Conservative Club, Scottish Conservative Club, Western Conservative
Club, Westminster Ladies Luncheon Club, Highland Area Committee,
Empirical Society, Edinburgh Conservative Association, Scottish
Constitutional Committee, Glasgow Euro-Constituency Council,
Local Party Papers
- CENTRAL AYRSHIRE CONSERVATIVE AND UNIONIST ASSOCIATION: Acc.9079.
minutes, correspondence and other papers, including minutes of
Young/Junior Unionists and Young Conservatives, 1936-1983.
Papers of Politicians
- ANSTRUTHER-GRAY (William), later Lord Kilmany, Unionist M.P.
for St Andrews Burghs 1906-1919: Acc 8100. some personal papers
within Anstruther-Gray of Kilmany collection.
- BUCHAN (Priscilla), Lady Tweedsmuir, later Baroness Tweedsmuir
of Belhelvie, Conservative M.P. for Aberdeen South 1946-1966:
Acc.11884. papers of and concerning, 1915-1992.
- COOPER (Thomas M.), later Baron Cooper of Culross, National
Conservative M.P. for Edinburgh West 1935-1941: Acc 6188 [not
available before 2006]. notebooks and other papers,
- DALRYMPLE (Charles), Conservative M.P. for Bute 1868-1885,
Ipswich 1886-1906: MS.25568-25631, MS. 25642-25641. journals,
correspondence, notes, speeches and other papers, 1856-1916.
- DOUGLAS-HAMILTON (James A.), Baron Selkirk of Douglas,
Conservative M.P. for Edinburgh-West 1974-1997, M.S.P. for the
Lothians 1999-present: Dep.252 [restricted]. papers,
- ELLIOT (Walter), Conservative M.P. for Lanark 1918-1923,
Kelvingrove, Glasgow 1924-1945 & 1950-1958, Scottish
Universities 1946-1950, under-secretary for health for Scotland,
under-secretary of state for Scotland, secretary of state for
Scotland 1936-1938, and Minister of Health 1938-1940: Acc 6721
& Acc12198. articles, cuttings and other papers, 1934-1957, and
correspondence with Lady Blanche ('Baffy') Dugdale, 1922-1942.
- NAIRN (Douglas L. Spencer-), 2nd Bt., Conservative and Unionist
M.P. for Ayrshire Central, 1955-1959: Acc.9079/21-22.
general constituency correspondence on public issues,