Audio recording of dicussion event on 17 March 2011
The orthodoxies, role and value of libraries - and the place of paper in an increasingly digital age - were discussed at this National of Scotland panel event.
The panel consisted of:
- Martyn Wade FRSA (National Librarian)
- Chris Banks FRSA (University Librarian, University of Aberdeen)
- Karen Cunningham (Head of Libraries, Glasgow City Council).
They considered topics such as:
- What physical designs should 21st-century libraries have, and what role?
- With immediately accessible information online, do libraries remain important?
The discussion was chaired by Ann Packard of the Royal Society of Arts. It was followed by a a lively question-and-answer session that touched on many different opinions.
You must have Flash installed to view video.
Recording © National Library of Scotland. Opinions in expressed in this recording do not necessarily reflect those of the National Library of Scotland.