Our touring displays travel across Scotland until 2019, introducing our collections to people around the country.
You can host the Library's touring display at your venue. Venues include local libraries, heritage visitor attractions, festivals, university libraries and regional museums.
Lifting the lid display details
and the 'kitchen trolley'.
On tour from June 2017, 'Lifting the lid' illustrates Scotland's relationship with food and drink through colourful panels, featuring content from our printed and manuscript items.
The display includes:
- 10 pull-up panels
- An interactive 'kitchen trolley'
- Manuscript facsimiles
- Comment book.
The pull-up panels are flexible and easy to position in a variety of spaces, with each one measuring 2145mm x 800mm
An optional audio-visual addition is available, consisting of two community film projects and a reel of Moving Image Archive footage on the theme of food and drink.
Key information for venues
- Schedule: Your venue can book the display for up to 12 weeks. Short term hire periods can also be discussed
- Cost: It is free to host the display
- Transportation: Your venue should arrange onward transportation of the display
- Installation: The display is easy to install, requiring just one or two people
- Library collection material: This display package does not include loan of original collection material. We can consider loans in line with our exhibition loan guidelines
- Marketing and press: In-kind marketing support can be included in the Display Agreement
- Evaluation: We can provide details of evaluation requirements when we receive a note of interest from a venue.
To find out more about our touring displays or to book the display at your venue, please get in touch:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Exhibitions, National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EW.