Video guide 3
This video will show you how you can access the growing number of digital resources from home, work, WiFi hotspots or wherever you can get internet access.
The Digital gallery contains treasures from the Library's collections — like early photographs of Scottish bridges, early Gaelic book collections, the Kilmarnock edition of Robert Burns's poems, and much more. You don't need to register to use these resources.
Moving Image Archive
Our Moving Image Archive can provide thousands of titles for personal, educational or commercial use from over 100 years of Scottish history on film and video. Visit the Moving Image Archive catalogue where you can:
- Find details of titles available to view, hire or buy
- Watch over 1,600 film clips and complete films
- Save lists of your favourite films
- Make enquiries online.
Licensed digital collections (eResources)
If you have a residential address in Scotland you can register to use many of our eResources (formerly called licensed digital collections) from anywhere with an internet connection. These resources consist of:
- Hundreds of thousands of digitised books, periodicals and manuscripts spanning over five centuries.
- Millions of records and research articles on databases.
- Thousands of full-text newspapers, journals and reports.
- Hundreds of full-text reference works such as the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.