Six publishers have been shortlisted for the annual pamphlet poetry prize at the National Library of Scotland.
The Callum Macdonald Memorial Award recognises outstanding examples of pamphlet poetry publishing with a connection to Scotland or Scottish culture.
This year's shortlist is:
- Cromarty Arts Trust for 'Ballast Flint' by Richie McCaffery
- Donut Press for 'Murder bear' by W N Herbert
- Hattericks House for 'weaver of grass' by Chrys Salt
- Mary Thomson for 'East End' by Mary Thomson
- Perjink Press for 'The angel and the aipple', by Mary Johnston
- The Shed Press for 'One old onion and other poems' by Jenny Elliott.
The winner will be announced at a ceremony in the Library on 15 May.
On the judging panel for 2014 is James T Harding, editor of Stewed Rhubarb Press, last year's winner.
Read more in our press release about the shortlist.
7 May 2014