'Crime Scene Edinburgh: 20 years of Rankin and Rebus'
An exhibition supported by Scottish & Newcastle
recreated in the exhibition.
'Crime Scene Edinburgh: 20 years of Rankin and Rebus' was a popular National Library of Scotland exhibition held in 2008.
It explored the influences shaping the work of renowned Edinburgh-based author Ian Rankin and his enduring literary character, Inspector Rebus.
Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) was the exhibition's major sponsor, receiving recognition in the following key ways:
- Branding within the NLS exhibition
- Sponsor's logo on advertising posters, exhibition leaflets, promotional bookmarks
- Branding on advertisements on public transport
- Extensive media coverage including articles in' The Scotsman', 'The Times' and 'The Herald', and coverage on Sky News
- An alignment with the strong national brands of NLS, Rankin and Rebus.
How successful was the exhibition?
- The exhibition attracted 8,255 visitors
- It achieved an estimated media coverage value of £300,000
- It was supported by an imaginative programme of public events and educational workshops.