Patrons and Benefactors of the Library
The Patrons and Benefactors of the National Library of Scotland is a membership programme that allows you to make your mark on the Library's future.
Our Patrons and Benefactors are a community of like-minded individuals who care about Scotland and its cultural heritage.
Whoever you are and whatever your passion is, your support will allow the Library to continue collecting, preserving and sharing knowledge with the people of Scotland and the world.
It really is so easy to get involved. Simply choose your membership level and contact the Development team for a copy of the brochure.
- Single Patron — £250 annual gift
- Joint Patron (for couples) — £400 annual gift.
- Single Benefactor — £750 annual gift
- Joint Benefactor (for couples) — £1,000 annual gift.
As members you will receive a number of benefits to thank you for your support and commitment.
Benefits for Patrons
- A membership card
- Invitation to the Library's annual Celebration
- An invitation to private previews of the Library's major summer and winter exhibitions
- A special events programme for members that includes talks with high-profile speakers and unique private views hosted by our curators
- Advanced booking for public events
- A copy of our magazine 'Discover'
- Our email newsletter
- An annual gift of a reproduction of an iconic item from the collection
- A copy of our Annual Review from the Chief Executive and Chairman of the Library
- An annual update from the Development team about projects supported by the Patrons and Benefactors
- Recognition of your support on our website.
Benefits for Benefactors
As Benefactors you will receive the same benefits as our Patrons but as an additional thank you we will also offer you the following:
- The opportunity to have a behind-the-scenes tour and view of the collection with our curatorial team for you and a party of up to six guests, by appointment.
If you are interested and would like to know more then please contact us at:
Patrons and Benefactors
National Library of Scotland
George IV Bridge
Tel: +44 (0)131 623 3733
Thank you for your support.
Together we can make a real difference.
- Patrons and Benefactors receive advanced booking of public events a week before the general public. We recommend members take this opportunity, as demand often exceeds availability once the public start to book.
- Gift Aid can be claimed on a proportion of each donation — Single Patron: £200; Joint Patron: £300; Single Benefactor: £665; Joint Benefactor: £830.