Academic research at the National Library of Scotland
The 'Academic research' section contains information for:
- Academic researchers wishing to collaborate with the National Library of Scotland
- Those wishing to apply for National Library of Scotland research fellowships or scholarships.
We will also use these pages to publicise our research seminars and staff research activity.
A strategic priority
Promoting research is one of the six strategic priorities of the Library's strategy for 2015-2020, 'The way forward':
We will encourage and promote research as a defining characteristic of the Library.
- We will develop research collaborations across the humanities, sciences and business.
- We will identify and support a series of research communities in areas aligned with our mission.
- We will create a research fellowship programme that attracts scholars from around the world to work with the National Library's collections.