We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and treatment at the National Library of Scotland. We also work to prevent or eliminate any unfair discrimination in our employment practices.
We treat applicants and staff fairly, with respect and without bias. No job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment than others because of:
- Gender or gender identity
- Sexual orientation, marital or family status
- Racial group (including colour, race, nationality, national or ethnic origin)
- Religion, religious belief, or a similar philosophical belief (or lack of any of these)
- Disability (unless such treatment is objectively justified)
- Part-time or fixed-term contract status (unless such treatment is objectively justified)
- Trade union membership status/activities.
You can find more information about our commitment to equality on our Corporate and policy documents page