Prominent figures and issues in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) feature in our United States collections.
You can find resources such as:
- Same-sex marriage laws and activism
- The interaction of LGBT issues with religion in the United States
- The collected speeches and writings of Harvey Milk, along with the script for 2008's film 'Milk', and the biography on which the screenplay was based
- Works by and about Bayard Rustin, 20th century activist in both the civil rights and LGBT rights movements.
Subjects covered in the collections include:
- Modern-day America's LGBTQ+ culture
- The history of homosexuality in the United States
- LGBT travel guides, such as 'Fodor's gay guide to the USA'.
Literature and literary criticism is well-represented, with a large selection of fiction about USA-related LGBT subjects or by American LGBT authors, including:
- Writers such as Armistead Maupin, Rita Mae Brown, and David Sedaris
- Encyclopaedias of contemporary LGBT literature of the United States
- LGBT literary criticism.
Use Library Search to look for specific items you're looking for, or to browse to discover new material.