Important papers that tell of the early days of cinema in Scotland have been donated to the National Library of Scotland.
They come from Campbeltown Picture House which opened in 1913 and is the oldest in Scotland that has been used continuously as a cinema. It is about to re-open after a £3.5 million refurbishment.
The charity that runs the cinema has decided to donate its historic paper records to the National Library's Moving Image Archive, based at the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow. They will add to the Library's rich bank of knowledge about the development of cinema in Scotland.
Find out more in the Campbeltown archive media release.
14 November 2017