Due to our buildings being closed, we are able to provide a limited digital imaging service at present.
We are unable to offer JPEG digital download, TIFF file to disk and photographic quality prints. However, these services will resume from Monday 26 April.
JPEG and PDF digital downloads
JPEG digital download
We supply images via an electronic download link sent by email.
- JPEG digital download where no digital image already exists — £13.44 with VAT; no VAT — £11.20
- JPEG digital download of an existing digital image — £10.20 with VAT; no VAT — £8.50.
JPEG image download specifications:
- JPEG compression: 10
- Colour mode: RGB
- Pixel depth: 8 bits per channel
- Resolution: 400ppi (pixels per inch) minimum
- ICC colour profile: Adobe RGB (1998).
We can scan pages to portable document format (PDF) for you that are useful for private study, but are not publication quality or for multimedia use.
We apply a minimum charge for orders of up to six scans:
- PDF colour scan — £1.56 with VAT; no VAT — £1.30
- Minimum charge for PDF scan orders — £10.20 with VAT; no VAT — £8.50.
We will supply these scans as multi-page compressed PDF files, and charge per scan (opening of material). We can supply the file by email, or written to disk at an extra cost for the CD. Maximum size for digitisation from bound volumes: A2 (420 x 594mm).
In line with collection care policy, when a complete work is requested for scanning we have the right to make a preservation copy at the same time, which will result in such orders taking longer to process.
- Extra charge for a file written to disk: £1.20 with VAT; no VAT — £1.00.
Maximum size for digitisation from bound volumes: A2 (420 x 594mm).
TIFF digital file on disk
We normally supply digital images in TIFF format on CD or DVD. Please make sure you have the appropriate software to access this kind of file. Prices include the cost of the CD / DVD.
- Any resolution — £16.38 with VAT; no VAT — 13.65
- Standard 1:1 size at 400dpi.
We supply high resolution images as standard. We can supply other resolutions on demand.
A2 (420 x 594mm) is the maximum size for digitisation from bound volumes. If the original item is bigger than A2, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo-quality digital prints
Prices are for colour or greyscale and include the cost of scanning and printing. Available in matte or gloss finish.
- A4 — £5.64 with VAT; no VAT — £4.70
- A3 — £9.24 with VAT; no VAT — £7.70
- A2 — £12.00 with VAT; no VAT — £10.00
- A1 — £19.20 with VAT; no VAT — £16.00
- A0 — £27.60 with VAT; no VAT — £23.00.
We charge for any image manipulation or digital retouching on a time basis at the rate of £36 per hour with VAT; no VAT — £30 per hour.