We ask all readers to treat our map collections with care.
Before you enter the Maps Reading Room:
You must leave the following items in a locker in the cloakroom beside the reading room:
- Outdoor coats and jackets
- Wet outer garments and umbrellas
- Bags larger than 29cm x 21cm (A4)
- Any items of food or drink
- Any items which might damage our material, for example, pens, glue, correction fluid, scissors or other sharp implements, staplers, etc.
In the Maps Reading Room:
- You can only use pencil to write with, for the protection of items in the map collections, no pens are allowed
- Maps must be protected by acetate sheets when in use
- Please be careful not to write on, lean on, mark or place working papers on top of any Library material
- You should ensure that your hands are clean before handling Library materials
- You must wear gloves (provided by the Library) when using photographs and microforms
Full details about the care of the collections are available in the Library's terms and conditions.