It brings together, in a single search, details of our printed, manuscript and archive, moving image and digital collections, as well as high quality e-resources and databases from a range of publishers.
What you can search
Included in Library Search are:
- More than five million records from our print collections, including books, maps, journals, newspapers and music
- Almost five million electronic legal deposit items
- Records of 35,000 items from our archives and manuscript collections
- Hundreds of thousands of digitised resources from our collections, including digitised books, maps, photographs, posters, music, and films from the Moving Image Archive
- Millions of articles from full-text newspapers, journals and reports
- Thousands of electronic books, including many reference works
- Millions of records and abstracts from online services, digital archives and databases.
Benefits — what you can do
The new service brings several benefits. You can:
- Refine searches by format, subject, year, etc
- Access a wide range of electronic resources
- Request materials for consultation in our reading rooms
- Receive notification when items you've requested are ready for you
- Review your borrowing history.