The 'Academic research' section contains information for:
- Academic researchers wishing to collaborate with the National Library of Scotland
- Those wishing to apply for National Library of Scotland research fellowships or scholarships.
We will also use these pages to publicise our research seminars and staff research activity.
- New collaborative PhD opportunities for 2019
- The Graham Brown Research Fellowship
- Scottish Cultural Heritage Consortium PhD collaborations
- UK Research Institute policy internships
In this section
A strategic priority
Promoting research is one of the six strategic priorities of the Library's strategy for 2015-2020, 'The way forward':
We will encourage and promote research as a defining characteristic of the Library.
- We will develop research collaborations across the humanities, sciences and business.
- We will identify and support a series of research communities in areas aligned with our mission.
- We will create a research fellowship programme that attracts scholars from around the world to work with the National Library's collections.