beach at Auchmithie, Angus.
Join us in monthly celebrations of Scotland's rich and tasty culinary heritage.
Throughout the Year of Food and Drink Scotland 2015, we are running a series of historical recipes from our collections.
And in June we will open our summer exhibition, which will explore the history of cooking in Scotland.
Monthly themes and recipes
The Year of Food and Drink 2015 spotlights Scotland's delicious produce, along with culinary culture and traditions.
Starting with traditional foods in January, each month of the year focuses on a food and drink theme.
Our chosen historic recipe either ties in with an ingredient relating to that theme or, where there isn't a particular food / drink item, to something we think you might like to try making.
- January — traditional foods
- February — the food of love
- March — brewing and distilling
- April — award-winning food
- May — whisky month
- June — the future of food
- July — summer berries and fruits
- August — delicious dairy
- September — celebration
- October — sustainable shore
- November — hearty and heartwarming
- December — grand finale.