'Infovaults' is an online game aimed at budding business people.
It has been developed by the National Library of Scotland in collaboration with Edinburgh College as a way of opening up the business resources and general business information at the Library.
It's for you if you are a school leaver, a college student, an entrepreneur — or just not sure what you want to do, but don't want to be stuck in a 9 to 5 job!
How to play
Playing is easy — just click the dice to get it rolling. The idea is to move round the board as fast as possible.
Every time you land on a book, it will open up with information which helps towards starting your own business. As they say, knowledge is power!
You can either play against others or just against the computer.
The minimum hardware you need to run the game easily is:
- Graphics card (GPU): GeForce GT 720 1GB
- CPU: 5th generation Intel i5 or better
- Motherboard: Anything that is compatible with the CPU and GPU
- RAM: 6GB
- System: Windows 10
- Browser: Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge (alternatively Google Chrome on newer machines).
It will work on some computers with a lower spec than this, but is likely be slower.
Find out more
The following links will help you once you have finished the game:
- Business eResources that feature in Infovaults (PDF) (15 KB; 1 page)
- 'Have I got shoes for you' — to inspire you, a short story about how businesses and innovators can use the Library's collections
- Future learn — free online courses from top universities and specialist organisations
- Companies House
- Business Gateway
- SIC codes
- Intellectual Property Office
- Kelvin Hall
- Business tweets from the Library: @NLS_Business
We'll be happy to answer your questions about Infovaults or about how Library research can help your business to get started and grow. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org