'Discover' is the National Library of Scotland's award-winning full-colour magazine.
Issue 41, summer 2019, includes features on:
- Ian Rankin's archive, which he donated to the Library
- The Scottish Enlightenment, explored and revisited in the Library's major exhibition
- Lord Byron's 'Don Juan' and its first publication by John Murray
- The literary and musical works of French composer Hector Berlioz 150 years since his death
- New approaches to preserving Library material from the perspective of three trainee conservators at the Library
- Scots Scriever, Michael Dempster on events to mark the International Year of Indigenous Languages.
'Discover' issue 41 pages 1-10 (PDF) (1.6 MB, 10 pages)
'Discover' issue 41 pages 11-25 (PDF) (3 MB, 15 pages)
'Discover' issue 41 pages 26-36 (PDF) (3.9 MB, 10 pages)
You'll find back issues of 'Discover' magazine in our archive. Each is available as a PDF file.
Comments and enquiries
We welcome editorial contributions, comments and enquiries — please email email@example.com.