'Discover' is the National Library of Scotland's award-winning full-colour magazine.
Issue 40, spring 2019, includes features on:
- The Library's extensive collections relating to Mary Queen of Scots
- Sally Harrower, Modern Literary Manuscripts Curator, reflecting on 37 years of working for the Library
- Fashion designs inspired by 100 years of change since the Armistice
- The history of the etchings on the Library's main staircase window
- Using the plans in our Stevenson Collection to build a replica early railway waggon
'Discover' issue 40 pages 1-6 (PDF) (2.9 MB, 6 pages)
'Discover' issue 40 pages 7-27 (PDF) (2.7 MB, 21 pages)
'Discover' issue 40 pages 28-36 (PDF) (2.9 MB, 9 pages)
You'll find back issues of 'Discover' magazine in our archive. Each is available as a PDF file.
Comments and enquiries
We welcome editorial contributions, comments and enquiries — please email email@example.com.