The National Library of Scotland has one of the largest map libraries in the world, with around two million items. Our collections span some 700 years, ranging from medieval manuscript maps to current digital mapping.
- Around two million printed sheet maps (one million of the British Isles, 500,000 overseas)
- 4,000+ manuscript maps
- 15,000+ atlases worldwide
- 100,000+ Ordnance Survey microfilms (1978-1999)
- Ordnance Survey large scale digital maps (1998-)
- Cartographic reference books and periodicals
- Gazetteers and guidebooks worldwide
- CD-ROMs and other electronic information.
In this section