- Youngwummin — 21 April to 29 September
display inspired by young Scots women
in the First World War.
View a small sample of the many treasures in the National Library of Scotland's collections. From hand-written documents to printed books, maps, musical scores, bindings and other art work.
All our treasures are important pieces of Scotland's cultural heritage. Some are unique. Some are beautiful. Some are huge. Some are tiny. Some are rarely seen in public because their age makes them fragile.
Throughout the year we change the theme of the treasures display, to bring to light more of the millions of items we hold.
Occasionally we exhibit material on loan from other organisations to complement treasured items from our own collections.
Read more about our treasures displays.
Discover the breadth of the Library's collections through our series of free displays, touring Scotland throughout the year.
- 'Going to the pictures': Discover the story of cinema in Scotland
- 'Lifting the lid': Learn about the history of food and drink in Scotland
Read more about our touring displays.
Opening times for exhibitions
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 09.30-19.00
- Wednesday: 10.00-19.00
- Friday, Saturday: 09.30-17.00
- Sunday: Closed