This service is for users of our reading rooms. If we do not have an item you wish to use, we will try to obtain a loan or a photocopy for you from another Library within the UK or abroad.
Request forms and other information about the service can be obtained at Enquiry Desks in the George IV Bridge Building, or you can email Reference Services, which operates the document supply service.
Inter-Library Request Service charges are based on rates agreed between various libraries and are therefore liable to change due to factors beyond our control.
Charges (as at August 2021)
Charge per volume:
- Standard service using UK and Irish libraries — £17.80 (no VAT).
- Standard service using overseas libraries — £25.00 (no VAT).
Charge per article:
- Standard service using UK and Irish libraries — £13.70 + VAT where appropriate
- Standard service using overseas libraries — £14.20 (no VAT)
- Forwarding photocopies to addresses outside the UK and Ireland:
- EU countries — £6.50 (no VAT)
- Elsewhere — £8.75 (no VAT).
- Extensions of loan, per request — £5.45 (no VAT)
Note: This is in addition to request charges
- Copyright cleared fee for commercial photocopies — Variable: please ask staff for details
Note: This charge is passed to the Copyright Licensing Agency, not retained by the Library.
How to apply
Application forms and other information about the Inter-Library Request Service are available at enquiry desks in the George IV Bridge Building or or you can email Reference Services.